Health and wellbeing
Phil worked with a single tier council, Primary Care Trust, (latterly CCG) and a care services provider to seek out improvements to community based services to Older People.
He worked with a Locality Manager and her multi disciplinary community based team drawn from Health and Adult Social Care to understand how effective the current organisations were at meeting Service user need, and to facilitate improvement.
- The work established very significant scope for improvements in efficiency and effectiveness across all three organisations.
- Through experimentation the team were able to show how delivering services in a different way dramatically improved the stability, and independence, of individual service users, improved deployment of employee capabilities, and illustrated where efficiencies could be made. Productively improvements for the employees alone increased from 25% to 80% during experimentation.
- A report was presented to the lead commissioners illustrating the betterment provided by an alternative way of delivering service, and the leadership engagement required to effect change.
We help leaders to purposefully reflect upon their current challenges, and the way that they currently deploy time and resources to meet business objectives. Helpfully challenging current mindset and belief systems about the role and function of leadership and management to gain understanding about where to focus your effort. Together we will identify practical and pragmatic ways of getting improved personal, and organisational performance, and delivering positive results in work and life.
Our one to one support will help you to cut through to the nub of your personal challenges and help you to facilitate a way forward that will give you: –
- Clarity around the key business issues that you are facing, and a clear plan to tackle them
- New capabilities, and capacity to meet future challenges
- Greater personal job satisfaction
- Strategies to deal more effectively with difficult people or situations in your working life
“Phil worked with me, and a multi disciplinary community based team to support us through a radical change programme. It was a massive challenge as he was greeted with unhappy and confused staff. He helped me to develop and to lead the team in a different way. Phil spent time understanding the way I thought and behaved; and helped me to challenge and reflect upon my thinking and beliefs about leadership and management. As a team we learned how to effect positive long term change. Phil helped me change from being a manager to a more effective and proactive leader, focusing my time, energy and resources on acting on the right things. Phil enabled me to challenge and understand our work in a different way. The team with Phil’s encouragement, guidance and experience developed tools that shaped our practice and provide evidence of what worked. Phil worked with individuals to support them in understanding – this was not an easy task due to the team feeling exposed and challenged. Phil modified his response and level of support depending on the situation. We now deliver better outcomes for service users at less cost. Employee engagement and morale has improved dramatically. It has been a challenging and difficult experience for me affecting the changes that I wanted to see was not easy, however my personal growth and development has been significant; this would not have happened without Phil’s support, encouragement, prompting and coaching throughout the process.”